Tuesday 14 August 2012

Vietnamese child cancer patients get day trip

When you visit vietnam, Hue city the first choice. Nowaday Tourist Vietnam is developing and the friendly destination for everyone in the world Child sufferers of cancer receiving treatment at the Hue Central Hospital recently had a two-day picnic at Lang Co Beach along with their family. This was the first time that the patients from Hue Central Hospital had got to experience such as trip said Doctor Dinh Quang Tuan, Head of the hospital's Department of Paediatrics. The trip is also a chance for the parents to learn from the doctors that take care of their children. The activity was jointly organised by the Department of Paediatrics, Asian Children's Care League (ACCL), the International Confederation of Childhood Cancer Parent Organisations (ICCCPO) and Union for International Cancer Control. Seventy five children took part in different activities such as swimming, music and fashion show and picture drawing contests. Tran Thi Thanh Thanh, 12 years old in Da Nang City, shared, "I've never experienced such a trip before, I really enjoyed swimming with the help of my parents and helpers." "This is my second trip to the beach, but it's different this time as I've come with my parents and taken part in games on beach with my friends and volunteers. I'm so happy and its helped me forget my illness," said 14 year-old Nguyen Van Hoa, from Quang Tri Province. Trinh Thi Huy, Thanh's mother, said, "I've never been so happy to go swimming with husband and children, it's helped me to forget about the times spent in the hospital." Doctor Dinh Quang Tuan also said that, "Currently, the Department of Paediatrics has 75 children who are living with cancer, of which 20 have completed their treatment and now just come in for regular check-ups. Many of them have taken part-time jobs to help their parents. It's really cheered the medical staff up." There are plans to build a house offering a play space and daily treatment facilities for the children. Mrs. Watanabe, ACL Chairwoman, said, "I feel so happy because today we gathered here as a great family to share and exchange patient treatment methods and experience. I'll continue to pay attention to children's health."
Mã số bài viết 9fbdb59aa09051ad7dd59eadf23fd8cc

No comments:

Post a Comment